Visit to Northern State Chemlube Outlet Leaves a Deep Impression

Being an occasional traveller up north, I was pleasantly surprised to find out about the rapid development taking place in a once sleepy town of Kepala Batas. I was in the market for a property to invest in and a friend recommends that I take a serious look at this growth centre, the birthplace of former Prime Minister Datuk Seri Abdullah Badawi.

And so with the Hari Raya holidays presenting an opportunity to unwind, I brought along the family up north for another "look-see-look-see" trip. Well, I have to bring along the "finance minister" for her second opinion in case I really like to invest there.

Anyway, to cut the long story short – as this article isn't about property investment or development – this trip also gave me a chance to complete some unfinished endeavor that has been lingering in my mind since my last trip in January. I was looking for workshops that carries Chemlube motor oil so that I can check them out for reliability in case the need arises to service my car. A friend did earlier give me details of a workshop in Sg. Petani and I had wanted to visit them during this trip.

This workshop is Lee Cheng Motor Services Sdn Bhd and is about 10 minutes from the toll-exit and located just off the main road. I also found out that it is an authorized service centre for a popular auto maker, much like the other workshop I visited in Penang Island the last time.

It is a spacious workshop and well equipped but most importantly I observed that the mechanics there handled their customers' vehicles with reasonable care. I spoke to the workshop owner, Mr. Chin, who is very hands-on with the servicing and despite having experienced mechanics working on separate cars, he participates and goes from car to car to ensure their servicing is done correctly.

Mr. Chin is a well qualified man who holds a bachelor degree and a Fellow of the Institute of Motor Industry (FIMI-UK). With such background, it is not surprising that he was a pioneer who chose to offer the superior Chemlube synthetic motor oil more than two decades ago. Yes, that's how long ago that he first sold Chemlube and he has something from that era to show.
Chemlube prominently displayed in the workshop.
According to Mr. Chin, he has some customers who are very loyal and continued to use Chemlube for many years (like me). He has never gotten complains from any of his customers about Chemlube's performance. "The more you know Chemlube, the more you'll appreciate it", he says.

Michael changing new Chemlube oil on another customer's car.
I changed my Chemlube at Lee Cheng Motor Services that day. At the same time I also requested servicing for my brakes. I noticed that Michael (the mechanic who serviced my car) patiently allowed the used oil to drain till the last drop before replacing new Chemlube oil. When he serviced my brakes, he used a vacuum suction to suck out the old brake fluid while adding new fluid in its place without allowing air bubbles to form in the tubes which will impact braking efficiency. I like this "high-tech" fluid replacement without having to pump the brake pedal repeatedly to remove air bubbles and I'm pleasantly impressed that a workshop in a less affluent part of the country provides such level of service.

Michael has been changing Chemlube motor oil for years.
Finally, my mission is complete, having done what I came for and visited two reliable workshops in the north where I can get my trusted Chemlube motor oil and which have met my high expectations in servicing my well maintained Toyota Camry. For Lee Cheng Motor Services in Sg. Petani, I certainly left, deeply impressed.

Contributed by:
Lim See Meng, IT Consultant
Chemlube user for 20 years
Kuala Lumpur

Credit to http://mychemlube.blogspot.com/